Client Freezes When Logging to Character Select




This started happening to me when the Winter Event patch was released. I can log to the character select screen about 10% of the time, but the other 90%, the client completely freezes. Before the Winter Event patch, my client wasn't freezing, but it would say "Account Already Logged In" or something like that. Now, I don't get that message.

I have no idea what could be causing this. I mostly want to know if it is only happening to me or if someone else is experiencing the same problem.



I too have this problem, but only on my older machine.. which is using a ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics card..running Driver version 11.9 (May be the issue right there.) I have tried updating the driver, rolling back the driver, running driver sweeper, reinstalling the driver.. etc. Nothing seems to fix the issue. Load screens and Server Selection screens all run fine. I can even pick a server. That is where things get weird. If I pick a server with no characters on it it will ring up the Create a New Character screen, I can usually make it though choosing y AT, and Powersets, but when it goes to load the Model for Customizing the costume It freezes to a Black Screen, and causes my GFX card to reset. If I choose a sever that already has character on it, It will freeze and go black whe it tries to Load the Character List from that server.

However, on my newer machine I have absolutely no problems what so ever... Not one.